Sunday 15 September 2013

Will the iPhone 5S be revolutionary

How big a deal is the iPhone 5S and should we really be excited about the iPhone 6 instead?


Update:
Now that the iPhone 5S' launch is over and done with, what's the verdict? Am I eating my hat? Well no, not really.
The iPhone 5S still has much the same exterior design with one new colour variant, which does look nice I'll admit, and it still has a 4-inch Retina display plus options for 16GB, 32GB and 64GB of storage.










It does have the rumoured A7 processor, which I'm a little surprised about, I think that's the most significant thing as its Open GL support and 64-bit desktop architecture means we could see some fantastic apps and games coming through on the App Store. There's still no clue on cores, clock-speeds or any other grisly details at this point though.
The camera update seems good too, Apple hasn't stacked on extra megapixels but has instead enhanced the optics with a wider aperture, larger pixels and a more advanced dual-LED flash.

Also the battery improvements are welcome. The fingerprint scanner is as much of a damp squib as I expected and I can't really see the point in it.
On the whole I do think it has been an incremental advancement and the iPhone 6 will be more signfiicant. The big deal is really the changes to iOS 7, which we'd heard about before and which will be present on existing hardware anyway.

No comments :

Post a Comment